The GLI2 gene encodes a protein which belongs to the C2H2-type zinc finger protein subclass of the Gli family. Members of this subclass are characterized as transcription factors which bind DNA through zinc finger motifs. These motifs contain conserved H-C links. Gli family zinc finger proteins are mediators of Sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling and they are implicated as potent oncogenes in the embryonal carcinoma cell. The protein encoded by GLI2 localizes to the cytoplasm and activates patched Drosophila homolog (PTCH) gene expression. It is also thought to play a role during embryogenesis. The encoded protein is associated with several phenotypes- Greig cephalopolysyndactyly syndrome, Pallister-Hall syndrome, preaxial polydactyly type IV, postaxial polydactyly types A1 and B (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human GLI2 antibody detects a band of 191 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GLI2 detects a band of approximately 191 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 46-60 of human GLI2 (isoform a)
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001501 skeletal system development
- GO:0001649 osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0001822 kidney development
- GO:0002076 osteoblast development
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0007442 hindgut morphogenesis
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0009913 epidermal cell differentiation
- GO:0009954 proximal/distal pattern formation
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0021508 floor plate formation
- GO:0021696 cerebellar cortex morphogenesis
- GO:0021775 smoothened signaling pathway involved in ventral spinal cord interneuron specification
- GO:0021965 spinal cord ventral commissure morphogenesis
- GO:0021983 pituitary gland development
- GO:0030324 lung development
- GO:0033089 positive regulation of T cell differentiation in thymus
- GO:0042475 odontogenesis of dentine-containing tooth
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048566 embryonic digestive tract development
- GO:0048589 developmental growth
- GO:0048754 branching morphogenesis of a tube
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GLI2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra