Rabbit anti GLI2
GLI2 antibody recognizes the zinc finger protein GLI2, also known as GLI family zinc finger protein 2, GLI-Kruppel family member GLI2, glioma-associated oncogene family zinc finger 2, oncogene GLI2, or tax helper protein 1.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The GLI2 gene encodes a protein which belongs to the C2H2-type zinc finger protein subclass of the Gli family. Members of this subclass are characterized as transcription factors which bind DNA through zinc finger motifs. These motifs contain conserved H-C links. Gli family zinc finger proteins are mediators of Sonic hedgehog (Shh) signaling and they are implicated as potent oncogenes in the embryonal carcinoma cell. The protein encoded by GLI2 localizes to the cytoplasm and activates patched Drosophila homolog (PTCH) gene expression. It is also thought to play a role during embryogenesis. The encoded protein is associated with several phenotypes- Greig cephalopolysyndactyly syndrome, Pallister-Hall syndrome, preaxial polydactyly type IV, postaxial polydactyly types A1 and B (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human GLI2 antibody detects a band of 191 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GLI2 detects a band of approximately 191 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 46-60 of human GLI2 (isoform a)
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P10070 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GLI2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000122 negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001501 skeletal system development
- GO:0001649 osteoblast differentiation
- GO:0001822 kidney development
- GO:0002076 osteoblast development
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0007442 hindgut morphogenesis
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0008283 cell proliferation
- GO:0009913 epidermal cell differentiation
- GO:0009954 proximal/distal pattern formation
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0021508 floor plate formation
- GO:0021696 cerebellar cortex morphogenesis
- GO:0021775 smoothened signaling pathway involved in ventral spinal cord interneuron specification
- GO:0021965 spinal cord ventral commissure morphogenesis
- GO:0021983 pituitary gland development
- GO:0030324 lung development
- GO:0033089 positive regulation of T cell differentiation in thymus
- GO:0042475 odontogenesis of dentine-containing tooth
- GO:0045740 positive regulation of DNA replication
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0048566 embryonic digestive tract development
- GO:0048589 developmental growth
- GO:0048754 branching morphogenesis of a tube
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of GLI2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.