Rabbit anti Gelsolin
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Rabbit anti Human gelsolin antibody recognizes gelsolin, also known as actin-depolymerizing factor, AGEL or brevin.
The protein encoded by GSN gene binds to the 'plus' ends of actin monomers and filaments to prevent monomer exchange. The encoded calcium-regulated protein functions in both assembly and disassembly of actin filaments. Defects in GSN are a cause of familial amyloidosis Finnish type (AMLY5). Multiple transcript variants encoding several different isoforms have been found for GSN (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human gelsolin antibody detects a band of 90 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti gelsolin detects a band of approximately 90 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human gelsolin
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0051016 barbed-end actin filament capping
- GO:0051014 actin filament severing
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0006921 cellular component disassembly involved in apoptosis
- GO:0030041 actin filament polymerization
- GO:0015629 actin cytoskeleton
- View More GO Terms
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up