Rabbit anti GATA1 antibody
recognizes GATA1, also known as GATA binding factor 1. The protein is a member of the GATA family of transcription factors, which has received its name from binding DNA containing the GATA consensus motif 5'-[AT]GATA[AG]-3' (uniprot P15976
GATA1 acts as an erythroid transcription factor by regulating erythroid-specific genes. In addition to that, GATA1 has also been implied to play a role in regulating differentiation of other hematopoietic lineages (including mast cells and megakaryocytes) and endothelial cells (Orkin 1992
GATA1 alterations have been implicated in a variety of diseases, including acute megakaryoblastic leukemia (AMKL) associated with Trisomy 21 and thrombocytopenia (Ciovacco et al. 2008
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to GATA1 was raised by repeated immunization of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1 mg/ml Bovine Serum Albumin
- N-terminal truncated human recombinant protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
multicellular organismal development
zinc ion binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GATA1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This antibody requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining. Bio-Rad recommend citrate buffer pH 6.0 for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti GATA1 antibody recognizes a band of approximately 43 kDa in NCCT cell lysate, NTERRA cell lysate and K562 cell lysate.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available