Rabbit anti GATA1 antibody
recognizes GATA1, also known as GATA binding factor 1. The protein is a member of the GATA family of transcription factors, which has received its name from binding DNA containing the GATA consensus motif 5'-[AT]GATA[AG]-3' (uniprot P15976
GATA1 acts as an erythroid transcription factor by regulating erythroid-specific genes. In addition to that, GATA1 has also been implied to play a role in regulating differentiation of other hematopoietic lineages (including mast cells and megakaryocytes) and endothelial cells (Orkin 1992
GATA1 alterations have been implicated in a variety of diseases, including acute megakaryoblastic leukemia (AMKL) associated with Trisomy 21 and thrombocytopenia (Ciovacco et al. 2008
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to GATA1 was raised by repeated immunization of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.05% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
1 mg/ml Bovine Serum Albumin
- N-terminal truncated human recombinant protein
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
multicellular organismal development
zinc ion binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of GATA1 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This antibody requires heat-mediated antigen retrieval prior to staining. Bio-Rad recommend citrate buffer pH 6.0 for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti GATA1 antibody recognizes a band of approximately 43 kDa in NCCT cell lysate, NTERRA cell lysate and K562 cell lysate.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra