Galectin-3 is implicated in many biological processes, including cell differentiation, growth, adhesion, angiogenesis and inflammation, and is expressed in a wide range of neoplasms. Galectin-3 acts as a regulator of tumor metastasis, and several studies have shown a correlation between levels of galectin-3 and tumor progression in liver, thyroid, colon, gastric and breast carcinomas, making galectin-3 an emerging cancer marker.
Rabbit anti Human galectin-3 antibody detects a single band of 26 kDa in a range of human cell line lysates. Cross reactivity with rodent cell lines is also observed.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti galectin-3 detects a band of approximately 26 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Recombinant human galectin-3
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005529 sugar binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005743 mitochondrial inner membrane
- GO:0019863 IgE binding
- GO:0030154 cell differentiation
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Galectin-3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|