Filter by Application:WB Reset
Rabbit anti Human Galectin-3:Biotin
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
|Rabbit anti Human Galectin-3 antibody recognizes human Galectin-3 (Gal-3), also known as the Mac-2 antigen. Gal-3 is a 250 amino acid ~35 kDa member of the galectin family of beta-galactoside-binding proteins, which is involved in both intracellular and extracellular functions and exhibits anti-apoptotic properties.
Gal-3 is implicated in many biological processes, including cell differentiation, growth, adhesion, angiogenesis and inflammation, and is expressed in a wide range of neoplasms. Gal-3 acts as a regulator of tumor metastasis expression correlates with tumor progression in liver, thyroid, colon, gastric and breast carcinomas (Califice et al. 2004).
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- AHP1481B may be used under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with PHP188 as the positive control.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human galectin-3 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human galectin-3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra
References for Galectin-3 antibody
Chen, Y.X. et al. (2015) The Sirt1 activator SRT1720 attenuates angiotensin II-induced atherosclerosis in apoE⁻/⁻ mice through inhibiting vascular inflammatory response.
Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 465 (4): 732-8.
Dumic, J. et al. (2006) Galectin-3: an open-ended story.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 1760 (4): 616-35.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up