Rabbit anti Human Galectin-3 antibody recognizes human Galectin-3 (Gal-3), also known as the Mac-2 antigen. Gal-3 is a 250 amino acid ~35 kDa member of the galectin family of beta-galactoside-binding proteins, which is involved in both intracellular and extracellular functions and exhibits anti-apoptotic properties.
Gal-3 is implicated in many biological processes, including cell differentiation, growth, adhesion, angiogenesis and inflammation, and is expressed in a wide range of neoplasms. Gal-3 acts as a regulator of tumour metastasis, and several studies have shown a correlation between levels of Gal-3 and tumour progression in liver, thyroid, colon, gastric and breast carcinomas, making Gal-3 an emerging cancer marker.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% bovine serum albumin
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human galectin-3 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human galectin-3.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
mitochondrial inner membrane
innate immune response
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Galectin-3 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1481B may be used under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with PHP188 as the positive control.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Positive Isotype Controls Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra