Gamma-aminobutyric acid A receptors (GABA(A) receptors) are ligand-gated chloride channels that mediate inhibitory neurotransmission. GABARAP encodes GABA(A) receptor-associated protein, which is highly positively charged in its N-terminus and shares sequence similarity with light chain-3 of microtubule-associated proteins 1A and 1B. This protein clusters neurotransmitter receptors by mediating interaction with the cytoskeleton (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human GABARAP antibody detects a band of 16 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti GABARAP antibody recognizes a band of approximately 16 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on immunogen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to a portion of the N terminal segment of human GABARAP
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- O95166 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- GABARAP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000139 Golgi membrane
- GO:0000421 autophagic vacuole membrane
- GO:0005874 microtubule
- GO:0006605 protein targeting
- GO:0007268 synaptic transmission
- GO:0050811 GABA receptor binding
- GO:0048487 beta-tubulin binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Gabarap antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.