c-Fyn plays roles in many biological processes including cell growth (Yasunaga et al. 1996), adhesion (Chapman et al. 2012), re-modelling (Wang et al. 2012), motility (Yadav et al. 2011) and the immune response (Oykhman et al. 2013).
The immunogen sequence used for the generation of this Goat anti c-Fyn polyclonal antibody is well conserved across a very wide range of mammalian species and the polyclonal anti c-Fyn antibody is expected to have a wide species pattern of reactivity.
Goat anti Human FYN antibody recognizes human FYN as a single band of ~60 kDa in multiple human cell line lysates by western blotting under reducing conditions. It also cross-reacts with rodent cell line lysates tested.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FYN antibody detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by ammonium sulfate precipitation followed by antigen affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-VQCKDKEATKLTE from the N-terminal region of FYN
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- P06241 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- FYN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0001948 glycoprotein binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004715 non-membrane spanning protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0046872 metal ion binding
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005768 endosome
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0006816 calcium ion transport
- GO:0007243 intracellular protein kinase cascade
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0007612 learning
- GO:0007631 feeding behavior
- GO:0042802 identical protein binding
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031295 T cell costimulation
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0050690 regulation of defense response to virus by virus
- GO:0050852 T cell receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0050900 leukocyte migration
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of FYN antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.