|Rabbit anti Human Fractalkine antibody recognizes human fractalkine, otherwise known as CX3CL1, a 397 amino acid CX3C chemokine which signals through the CX3CR1 receptor and is expressed by various tissues including the brain, testis, lung, heart, kidney, colon and skeletal muscle.
Adhesion of fractalkine to the CX3CR1 receptor triggers the chemotaxis and adhesion of leucocytes, including T cells, monocytes and NK cells and fractalkine is involved in the regulation of brain microglia during neuroinflammatory processes (Sunnemark et al. 2005). CX3CL1 may also play a role in dendritic cell mediated host defense against invading pathogens such as Legionella pneumophila (Kikuchi et al. 2005).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human fractalkine were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human fractalkine.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Sunnemark, D. et al. (2005) CX3CL1 (fractalkine) and CX3CR1 expression in myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: kinetics and cellular origin.
J Neuroinflammation. 2: 17.
Kikuchi, T. et al. (2005) Involvement of fractalkine/CX3CL1 expression by dendritic cells in the enhancement of host immunity against Legionella pneumophila.
Infect Immun. 73 (9): 5350-7.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0019221 cytokine-mediated signaling pathway
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0050902 leukocyte adhesive activation
- GO:0051041 positive regulation of calcium-independent cell-cell adhesion
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up