Adhesion of fractalkine to the CX3CR1 receptor triggers the chemotaxis and adhesion of leucocytes, including T cells, monocytes and NK cells and studies have suggested that fractalkine is involved in the regulation of brain microglia during neuroinflammatory processes (Sunnemark et al. 2005). CX3CL1 may also play a role in dendritic cellmediated host defense against invading pathogens such as Legionella pneumophila (Kikuchi et al. 2005).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG conjugated to Biotin - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.5 ml sterile PBS containing 0.1% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human fractalkine were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human fractalkine.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0006952 defense response
- GO:0007155 cell adhesion
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0008009 chemokine activity
- GO:0009986 cell surface
- GO:0019221 cytokine-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0050729 positive regulation of inflammatory response
- GO:0050902 leukocyte adhesive activation
- GO:0051041 positive regulation of calcium-independent cell-cell adhesion
- For research purposes only
Applications of Fractalkine antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Product Specific References
Sunnemark, D. et al. (2005) CX3CL1 (fractalkine) and CX3CR1 expression in myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein-induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis: kinetics and cellular origin.
J Neuroinflammation. 2: 17.
Kikuchi, T. et al. (2005) Involvement of fractalkine/CX3CL1 expression by dendritic cells in the enhancement of host immunity against Legionella pneumophila.
Infect Immun. 73 (9): 5350-7.