Rabbit anti Human Flt3 Ligand antibody recognizes the ubiquitously expressed human growth factor Flt3-Ligand (Flt3L), a 235aa type I transmembrane glycoprotein which regulates the proliferation of early haematopoietic cells.
Flt3L exists in both a membrane-bound and proteolytically cleaved soluble isoform, both of which are biologically active, and initiates cell proliferation/ differentiation signalling in co-operation with other colony stimulating factors (CSFs) and interleukins, by binding to and activating the tyrosine kinase receptor Flt3 (FLT3R), expressed highly by hematopoietic progenitor cells and stem cells.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB. For functional studies do not add azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Flt3-Ligand were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant human Flt3-Ligand.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
positive regulation of cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Flt3 Ligand antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Graddis, T.J. et al. (1998) Structure-function analysis of FLT3 ligand-FLT3 receptor interactions using a rapid functional screen.
J Biol Chem. 273 (28): 17626-33.
Wodnar-filipowicz, A. et al. (1996) Flt3 ligand level reflects hematopoietic progenitor cell function in aplastic anemia and chemotherapy-induced bone marrow aplasia.
Blood. 88 (12): 4493-9.