The protein encoded by the FKBP1A gene is a member of the immunophilin protein family, which play a role in immunoregulation and basic cellular processes involving protein folding and trafficking. The protein is a cis-trans prolyl isomerase that binds the immunosuppressants FK506 and rapamycin. It interacts with several intracellular signal transduction proteins including type I TGF-beta receptor. It also interacts with multiple intracellular calcium release channels, and coordinates multi-protein complex formation of the tetrameric skeletal muscle ryanodine receptor. In mouse, deletion of this homologous gene causes congenital heart disorder known as noncompaction of left ventricular myocardium. Multiple alternatively spliced variants, encoding the same protein, have been identified. The human genome contains five pseudogenes related to FKBP1A, at least one of which is transcribed (provided by RefSeq, Sep 2008).
Rabbit anti Human FKBP1A gene antibody detects a band of 16 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FKBP1A detects a band of approximately 16 kDa in Raji cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human FKBP1A
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003755 peptidyl-prolyl cis-trans isomerase activity
- GO:0042026 protein refolding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005528 FK506 binding
- GO:0006458 'de novo' protein folding
- GO:0007183 SMAD protein complex assembly
- GO:0014802 terminal cisterna
- GO:0022417 protein maturation by protein folding
- GO:0031398 positive regulation of protein ubiquitination
- GO:0032092 positive regulation of protein binding
- GO:0032513 negative regulation of protein phosphatase type 2B activity
- GO:0032925 regulation of activin receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0034205 beta-amyloid formation
- GO:0034713 type I transforming growth factor beta receptor binding
- GO:0042110 T cell activation
- GO:0043123 positive regulation of I-kappaB kinase/NF-kappaB cascade
- GO:0043206 fibril organization
- GO:0046332 SMAD binding
- GO:0048185 activin binding
- GO:0050776 regulation of immune response
- GO:0055010 ventricular cardiac muscle tissue morphogenesis
- GO:0060314 regulation of ryanodine-sensitive calcium-release channel activity
- GO:0060347 heart trabecula formation
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of FKBP1A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra