The FIP1L1 gene encodes a subunit of the CPSF (cleavage and polyadenylation specificity factor) complex that polyadenylates the 3' end of mRNA precursors. FIP1L1, the homolog of yeast Fip1 (factor interacting with PAP), binds to U-rich sequences of pre-mRNA and stimulates poly(A) polymerase activity. Its N-terminus contains a PAP-binding site and its C-terminus an RNA-binding domain. An interstitial chromosomal deletion on 4q12 creates an in-frame fusion of human genes FIP1L1 and PDGFRA (platelet-derived growth factor receptor, alpha). The FIP1L1-PDGFRA fusion gene encodes a constitutively activated tyrosine kinase that joins the first 233 amino acids of FIP1L1 to the last 523 amino acids of PDGFRA. FIP1L1 fusion and chromosomal deletion is the cause of some forms of idiopathic hypereosinophilic syndrome (HES). This syndrome, recently reclassified as chronic eosinophilic leukemia (CEL), is responsive to treatment with tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding distinct isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Oct 2008).
Rabbit anti Human FIP1L1 antibody detects a band of 77 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FIP1L1 detects a band of approximately 77 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the C-terminal region of human FIP1L1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006397 mRNA processing
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of FIP1L1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|