The CTDP1 gene encodes a protein which interacts with the carboxy-terminus of the RAP74 subunit of transcription initiation factor TFIIF, and functions as a phosphatase that progressively dephosphorylates the C-terminus of POLR2A (a subunit of RNA polymerase II), making it available for initiation of gene expression. Mutations in CTDP1 are associated with "congenital cataracts, facial dysmorphism and neuropathy syndrome" (CCFDN). Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding different isoforms have been described for CTDP1 (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2011).
Rabbit anti Human FCP1 antibody detects a band of 104 kDa and has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti FCP1 detects a band of approximately 104 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 247-276 of human FCP1
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003899 DNA-directed RNA polymerase activity
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0006368 transcription elongation from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0006470 protein dephosphorylation
- GO:0008420 CTD phosphatase activity
- GO:0016032 viral reproduction
- GO:0050434 positive regulation of viral transcription
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of FCP1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra