Rabbit anti fatty acid synthase antibody
recognizes fatty acid synthase (FASN), also known as 3-oxoacyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] synthase. It is a homodimerized protein and each monomer is comprised of six separate enzymatic domains. Fatty acid synthase functions to synthesize the 16-carbon saturated fatty acid palmitate from acetyl-CoA and malonyl-CoA (Buckley et al. 2017
). It can be phosphorylated by mTOR (Jensen-Urstad et al. 2013
) and HER2 (Jin et al. 2010
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to fatty acid synthase was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 2212-2511 of human fatty acid synthase
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Fatty Acid Synthase antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti fatty acid synthase antibody detects a band of approximately 275 kDa in H460 and 293T cell lysates under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available