Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Goat anti Human Ezrin antibody recognizes human ezrin, otherwise known as p81 or villin 2, Ezrin is a 586 amino acid ~80kDa cytoplasmic peripheral membrane protein containing a single FERM domain and member of the ezrin, radixin, moesin (ERM) protein family, which acts as protein-tyrosine kinase substrate.
Ezrin is enriched in microvilli and other cell surface structures and plays a key role in cell surface structure adhesion, membrane trafficking, motility and organization (Ng et al. 2001). Ezrin acts as a linker protein between the plasma membrane and the actin cytoskeleton, and provides anchorage for cell surface molecules such as ICAM and CD44 (Finnerty et al. 2004). Ezrin is implicated in the metastatic capacity of various types of human tumors including breast, prostate, bone, endometrial and colon cancers (Ohtani et al. 1999, Elzaqheid et al. 2008).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Dog Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human ezrin was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide sequence C-QDYEEKTKKAER from the internal region of ezrin (NP_003370.2).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- Western Blotting
- AHP1394 detects a band of approximately 80kDa in human placenta and duodenum cell lysates.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
Tsukita, S. & Yonemura, S. (1997) ERM (ezrin/radixin/moesin) family: from cytoskeleton to signal transduction.
Curr Opin Cell Biol. 9 (1): 70-5.
- Villin 2
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0051015 actin filament binding
- GO:0051017 actin filament bundle assembly
- GO:0050839 cell adhesion molecule binding
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0005884 actin filament
- GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at plasma membrane
- GO:0007159 leukocyte cell-cell adhesion
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0008360 regulation of cell shape
- GO:0016324 apical plasma membrane
- GO:0019898 extrinsic to membrane
- GO:0022614 membrane to membrane docking
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- GO:0030863 cortical cytoskeleton
- GO:0031528 microvillus membrane
- GO:0032587 ruffle membrane
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up