EWSR1 encodes a multifunctional protein that is involved in various cellular processes, including gene expression, cell signaling, and RNA processing and transport. The protein includes an N-terminal transcriptional activation domain and a C-terminal RNA-binding domain. Chromosomal translocations between EWSR1 and various genes encoding transcription factors result in the production of chimeric proteins that are involved in tumorigenesis. These chimeric proteins usually consist of the N-terminal transcriptional activation domain of this protein fused to the C-terminal DNA-binding domain of the transcription factor protein. Mutations in EWSR1, specifically a t(11;22)(q24;q12) translocation, are known to cause Ewing sarcoma as well as neuroectodermal and various other tumors. Alternative splicing of EWSR1 results in multiple transcript variants. Related pseudogenes have been identified on chromosomes 1 and 14 (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2009).
Goat anti Human EWSR1 antibody detects a band of 95 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti EWSR1 detects a band of approximately 95 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-TSYDQSSYSQQNTYG, from the internal region of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0000166 nucleotide binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0005516 calmodulin binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of EWSR1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra