Erythropoietin Receptor antibody
Sheep anti Human Erythropoietin Receptor
- Product Type
- Polyclonal Antibody
- Polyclonal IgG
- Erythropoietin Receptor
|Sheep anti Human erythropoietin receptor antibody recognizes the human Erythropoietin Receptor (EPOR), a type I transmembrane protein and member of the type I cytokine receptor family, expressed by erythroid cells and erythroid progenitor cells, which acts as a receptor for erythropoietin (EPO) to mediate erythroblast proliferation and differentiation, and maintain progenitor survival.
Binding of EPO to EPOR, results in the dimerization of the EPOR and the triggering of the JAK2/STAT5 signaling cascade, and in some cell types activation of STAT1 and STAT3. Several isoforms of EPOR exist: EPOR-F, EPOR-S and EPOR-T, and a functional EPOR is found on endothelial cells and cardiomyocytes within the cardiovascular system, suggesting a role in cardiac function.
Sheep anti Human erythropoietin receptor antibody (AHP1825) blocks Iodine125 labelled erythropoietin ligand binding using erythroleukemia cell line TF-1 with 3000 EPOR/cells (Harris et al. 1992).
Sheep anti Human erythropoietin receptor antibody is suitable for use in immunocytochemistry and for use in functional assays. Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human EPOR was raised by repeated immunisation of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Partial cDNA of the extracellular domain of human EPOR expressed as a GST fusion protein in E. Coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This product is suitable for use in indirect ELISA applications.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1825 detects a 49kDa band of EPOR-GST on SDS-PAGE.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin|
References for Erythropoietin Receptor antibody
Harris, K.W. et al. (1992) Ligand binding properties of the human erythropoietin receptor extracellular domain expressed in Escherichia coli.
J Biol Chem. 267 (21): 15205-9.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004900 erythropoietin receptor activity
- GO:0009790 embryo development
- GO:0007420 brain development
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0046697 decidualization
- View More GO Terms
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
If you cannot find the batch/lot you are looking for please contact our technical support team for assistance.
Please Note: All Products are "FOR RESEARCH PURPOSES ONLY"View all Anti-Human Products
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up