Erythropoietin Receptor antibody
Binding of EPO to EPOR, results in the dimerization of the EPOR and the triggering of the JAK2/STAT5 signaling cascade, and in some cell types activation of STAT1 and STAT3. Several isoforms of EPOR exist: EPOR-F, EPOR-S and EPOR-T, and a functional EPOR is found on endothelial cells and cardiomyocytes within the cardiovascular system, suggesting a role in cardiac function.
Sheep anti Human erythropoietin receptor antibody (AHP1825) blocks Iodine125 labelled erythropoietin ligand binding using erythroleukemia cell line TF-1 with 3000 EPOR/cell in neutralization studies (Harris et al. 1992).
Sheep anti Human erythropoietin receptor antibody is reported as suitable for use in immunocytochemistry and for use in functional studies. Removal of sodium azide is recommended prior to use in functional assays.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human EPOR was raised by repeated immunisation of sheep with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- <0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Partial cDNA of the extracellular domain of human EPOR expressed as a GST fusion protein in E. Coli.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC.
DO NOT FREEZE.
This product should be stored undiluted. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0004900 erythropoietin receptor activity
- GO:0009790 embryo development
- GO:0007420 brain development
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0046697 decidualization
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of Erythropoietin Receptor antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This product is suitable for use in indirect ELISA applications.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1825 detects a 49kDa band of EPOR-GST on SDS-PAGE.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Sheep IgG (H/L):Biotin||5184-2304||C E F WB||1.5 ml|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:DyLight®488||STAR88D488GA||F IF||0.1 mg|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|
Product Specific References
References for Erythropoietin Receptor antibody
Harris, K.W. et al. (1992) Ligand binding properties of the human erythropoietin receptor extracellular domain expressed in Escherichia coli.
J Biol Chem. 267 (21): 15205-9.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra