The ERLIN2 gene encodes a member of the SPFH domain-containing family of lipid raft-associated proteins. The encoded protein is a 339 amino acid ~43 kDa single pass type II transmembrane protein localized to lipid rafts of the endoplasmic reticulum membrane and plays a critical role in inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate (IP3) signaling by mediating ER-associated degradation of activated IP3 receptors. Mutations in ERLIN2 are a cause of Spastic paraplegia 18, autosomal recessive (SPG18). Alternatively spliced transcript variants encoding multiple isoforms have been observed for ERLIN2 (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2012).
Rabbit anti Human erlin-2 antibody detects a band of 43 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti erlin-2 detects a band of approximately 43 kDa in HEK293 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human erlin-2
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005886 plasma membrane
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005789 endoplasmic reticulum membrane
- GO:0030433 ER-associated protein catabolic process
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of ERLIN-2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra