Rabbit anti Human ErbB4 antibody detects an epitope within the internal region of human ErbB4, a transmembrane protein and member of the epidermal growth factor receptor subfamily. ErbB4 is activated by a number of factors including neuregulins and betacellulin, which leads to the cleavage of a 120 kDa ectodomain fragment by TACE. In the cell, the remaining 80 kDa fragment of ErbB4 is internalised and cleaved by gamma-secretase. This fragment translocates to the nucleus and induces cell proliferation and differentiation.
ErbB4 is important in embryonic development, and mutations to its gene have been associated with cancer.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to ErbB4 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to an Internal domain of human ErbB4.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase activity
receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
basolateral plasma membrane
regulation of transcription
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of ErbB4 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for ErbB4 antibody
Carpenter, G. (2003) ErbB-4: mechanism of action and biology.
Exp Cell Res. 284:66-77.
Zhou, W. and Carpenter, G. (2002) ErbB-4: a receptor tyrosine kinase.
Inflamm Res. 51:91-101.