ErbB3 encodes a member of the epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) family of receptor tyrosine kinases. This membrane-bound protein has a neuregulin binding domain but not an active kinase domain. It therefore can bind this ligand but not convey the signal into the cell through protein phosphorylation. However, it does form heterodimers with other EGF receptor family members which do have kinase activity. Heterodimerization leads to the activation of pathways which lead to cell proliferation or differentiation. Amplification of ErbB3 and/or overexpression of its protein have been reported in numerous cancers, including prostate, bladder, and breast tumors. Alternate transcriptional splice variants encoding different isoforms have been characterized. One isoform lacks the intermembrane region and is secreted outside the cell. This form acts to modulate the activity of the membrane-bound form. Additional splice variants have also been reported, but they have not been thoroughly characterized (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human ErbB3 antibody detects a band of 185 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti ErbB3 detects a band of approximately 185 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on Protein A
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- ErbB3 fusion protein corresponding to amino acids 1283 to 1323 at the carboxyl end of human ErbB3
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004714 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0004716 receptor signaling protein tyrosine kinase activity
- GO:0019838 growth factor binding
- GO:0007169 transmembrane receptor protein tyrosine kinase signaling pathway
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0007162 negative regulation of cell adhesion
- GO:0007507 heart development
- GO:0009968 negative regulation of signal transduction
- GO:0014037 Schwann cell differentiation
- GO:0014065 phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0014068 positive regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase cascade
- GO:0016323 basolateral plasma membrane
- GO:0021545 cranial nerve development
- GO:0030296 protein tyrosine kinase activator activity
- GO:0042060 wound healing
- GO:0042127 regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0043235 receptor complex
- GO:0043524 negative regulation of neuron apoptosis
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0051048 negative regulation of secretion
- GO:0051402 neuron apoptosis
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of ErbB3 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|