Rabbit anti EIF6 antibody
recognizes eukaryotic translation initiation factor 6, also known as B(2)GCN homolog, B4 integrin interactor, CAB, p27 (BBP). In mammalian cells, it is primarily localized in the cytoplasm were it is bound to free ribosome subunit 60S. Release of EIF6 from the 60S subunit allows 80S ribosome assembly (Ceci et al. 2003
). EIF6 is overexpressed in various human cancers (Zhu et al. 2017
), including human colorectal cancer (Sanvito et al. 2000
) and ovarian serous adenocarcinoma (Flavin et al. 2008
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to EIF6 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 1-245 of human EIF6
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
translation initiation factor activity
mature ribosome assembly
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of EIF6 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti EIF6 antibody detects a band of approximately 27 kDa in various cell lysates under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available