Rabbit anti Human EGF receptor antibody recognizes an epitope on the C-Terminal domain of Human Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor (EGFR, EGR-R), a ~175 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein belonging to the ErbB receptor tyrosine kinase family. EGFR is the cell surface receptor for members of the EGF family, and functions in early embryonic development and in the renewal of stem cells in tissues such as the skin, liver and gut.
EGFR is over expressed in a high proportion of breast cancer cells and in a range of other carcinomas, high level expression of EGFR is often associated with advanced disease and poor prognosis.
Mutations to EGFR have been found in many human carcinomas including breast, brain, lung, and colon. Over-expression of more than one member of the ErbB family was found to have a negative synergistic effect on patient outcome.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human EGF R were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.1% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic Peptide corresponding to the C-Terminal domain of Human EGF R, conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Hemocyanin (KLH).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of EGF R antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Ovarian or breast carcinoma
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
References for EGF R antibody
Moura, V. et al. (2012) Targeted and intracellular triggered delivery of therapeutics to cancer cells and the tumor microenvironment: impact on the treatment of breast cancer.
Breast Cancer Res Treat. 133: 61-73.