Rabbit anti Human epidermal growth factor receptor antibody
recognizes human epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR), also known as Proto-oncogene c-ErbB-1. EGFR is a 1210 amino acid single pass type 1 ~170 kDa transmembrane glycoprotein which is a member of the ErbB family of receptor tyrosine kinases. EGFR is the cell surface receptor for members of the EGF family, and functions in early embryonic development and in the renewal of stem cells in tissues such as the skin, liver and gut (Nautiyal et al. 2010
Mutations to EGFR have been found in many human carcinomas including breast, brain, lung, and colon(Garcia de Palazzo et al. 1993
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to EGF receptor were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 1189-1199 of human EGF receptor protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of EGF R antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1243 detects a band of approximately 170kDa in A431 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available