Goat anti Human defensin α-1 antibody
recognizes defensin alpha 1, otherwise known as HNP-1 or neutrophil defensin 1. Defensin α-1 is a secreted cationic antimicrobial peptide and member of the alpha-defensin family, which plays an important role in the innate immune response against microbial infections.
Synovial fluid defensin α-1 levels act as a biomarker for the evaluation of periprosthetic joint infection, a significant cause of morbidity and burden following prosthetic joint replacement (Li et al. 2017
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human defensin-α-1 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
defense response to bacterium
defense response to fungus
response to virus
killing of cells of other organism
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Defensin Alpha 1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This purified goat anti human defensin-α-1 antibody may be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with recombinant human defensin-α-1 (PHP208) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This purified goat anti human defensin-α-1 antibody may be used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human defensin-α-1 (PHP208) as the positive control.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for Defensin Alpha 1 antibody
Castañeda-Delgado, J.E. et al. (2014) Tuberculin skin test and interferon-gamma release assay values are associated with antimicrobial peptides expression in polymorphonuclear cells during latent tuberculous infection.
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 109: 330-4.
Alard, J.E. et al. (2015) Recruitment of classical monocytes can be inhibited by disturbing heteromers of neutrophil HNP1 and platelet CCL5.
Sci Transl Med. 7 (317): 317ra196.
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra