Defensin Alpha 1 antibody
|Goat anti Human defensin α-1 antibody recognizes defensin alpha 1, otherwise known as HNP-1 or neutrophil defensin 1. Defensin α-1 is a secreted cationic antimicrobial peptide and member of the alpha-defensin family, which plays an important role in the innate immune response against microbial infections.
Synovial fluid defensin α-1 levels act as a biomarker for the evaluation of periprosthetic joint infection, a significant cause of morbidity and burden following prosthetic joint replacement (Li et al. 2017).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilized
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human defensin-α-1 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
- For research purposes only
- 12 months from date of despatch
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
- This purified goat anti human defensin-α-1 antibody may be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with recombinant human defensin-α-1 (PHP208) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This purified goat anti human defensin-α-1 antibody may be used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human defensin-α-1 (PHP208) as the positive control.
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Your Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||C E WB||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||F||1 mg||Log in|
|List Price||Your Price|
|Description||Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC|
References for Defensin Alpha 1 antibody
Castañeda-Delgado, J.E. et al. (2014) Tuberculin skin test and interferon-gamma release assay values are associated with antimicrobial peptides expression in polymorphonuclear cells during latent tuberculous infection.
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 109: 330-4.
Alard, J.E. et al. (2015) Recruitment of classical monocytes can be inhibited by disturbing heteromers of neutrophil HNP1 and platelet CCL5.
Sci Transl Med. 7 (317): 317ra196.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0042742 defense response to bacterium
- GO:0050832 defense response to fungus
- GO:0009615 response to virus
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0006935 chemotaxis
- GO:0006955 immune response
- GO:0031640 killing of cells of other organism
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up