Goat anti Human defensin α-1 antibody
recognizes defensin alpha 1, otherwise known as HNP-1 or neutrophil defensin 1. Defensin α-1 is a secreted cationic antimicrobial peptide and member of the alpha-defensin family, which plays an important role in the innate immune response against microbial infections.
Synovial fluid defensin α-1 levels act as a biomarker for the evaluation of periprosthetic joint infection, a significant cause of morbidity and burden following prosthetic joint replacement (Li et al. 2017
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human defensin-α-1 was raised by repeated immunisation of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Recombinant human defensin-α-1
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
defense response to bacterium
defense response to fungus
response to virus
killing of cells of other organism
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Defensin Alpha 1 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This purified goat anti human defensin-α-1 antibody may be used in an indirect ELISA or as the capture reagent in a sandwich ELISA with recombinant human defensin-α-1 (PHP208) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This purified goat anti human defensin-α-1 antibody may be used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human defensin-α-1 (PHP208) as the positive control.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Application Based External Images
Product Specific References
References for Defensin Alpha 1 antibody
Castañeda-Delgado, J.E. et al. (2014) Tuberculin skin test and interferon-gamma release assay values are associated with antimicrobial peptides expression in polymorphonuclear cells during latent tuberculous infection.
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz. 109: 330-4.
Alard, J.E. et al. (2015) Recruitment of classical monocytes can be inhibited by disturbing heteromers of neutrophil HNP1 and platelet CCL5.
Sci Transl Med. 7 (317): 317ra196.