Rabbit anti Human DEDAF antibody
recognizes human death effector domain associated factor (DEDAF), also known as RING1 and YY1-binding protein, apoptin-associating protein 1 or death effector domain-associated factor or YY1 and E4TF1-associated factor 1. DEDAF is a 228 amino acid, ~32 kDa protein that associates with DED
-containing proteins but does not itself contain a DED. DEDAF interacts with the death effector domains of FADD, DEDD and the proforms of caspase-8 and caspase-10. It augments the formation of complexes between CD95, FADD and caspase-8 at the cell membrane and enhances apoptosis. The protein, identified as RING1 and YY1 binding protein (RYBP) is implicated in the regulation of transcription (Sawa et al. 2002
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human DEDAF was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to amino acids 215-228 of human DEDAF.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1 mg/ml.
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
negative regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
transcription corepressor activity
multicellular organismal development
zinc ion binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of DEDAF antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1 This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1605 detects a band of approximately 32kDa in human A549 cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra