Rabbit anti DDX21
DDX21 antibody recognizes nucleolar RNA helicase 2, also known as DEAD (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp) box polypeptide 21, DEAD box protein 21, DEAD/H (Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp/His) box polypeptide 21, Gu protein, RH II/Gu or RNA helicase II/Gu alpha.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
DEAD box proteins, characterized by the conserved motif Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp (DEAD), are putative RNA helicases. They are implicated in a number of cellular processes involving alteration of RNA secondary structure such as translation initiation, nuclear and mitochondrial splicing, and ribosome and spliceosome assembly. Based on their distribution patterns, some members of this family are believed to be involved in embryogenesis, spermatogenesis, and cellular growth and division. Encoded by the DDX21 gene, nucleolar RNA helicase 2 is a DEAD box protein, which is an antigen recognized by autoimmune antibodies from a patient with watermelon stomach disease. This protein unwinds double-stranded RNA, folds single-stranded RNA, and may play important roles in ribosomal RNA biogenesis, RNA editing, RNA transport, and general transcription (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human DDX21 antibody detects a band of 87 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti DDX21 detects a band of approximately 87 kDa in K562 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 128-156 amino acids from the N-terminal region of human DDX21
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q9NR30 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- DDX21 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0004004 ATP-dependent RNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of DDX21 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.