DEAD box proteins, characterized by the conserved motif Asp-Glu-Ala-Asp (DEAD), are putative RNA helicases. They are implicated in a number of cellular processes involving alteration of RNA secondary structure, such as translation initiation, nuclear and mitochondrial splicing, and ribosome and splicesosome assembly. Based on their distribution patterns, some members of this family are believed to be involved in embryogenesis, spermatogenesis, and cellular growth and division. The DDX17 gene encodes a DEAD box protein, which is an ATPase activated by a variety of RNA species, but not by dsDNA. DDX17 is closely related to DDX5. The DDX17 gene can encode multiple isoforms due to both alternative splicing and the use of alternative translation initiation codons, including a non-AUG (CUG) start codon (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2011).
Rabbit anti Human DDX17 antibody detects bands of 72 and 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti DDX17 detects bands of approximately 72 and 80 kDa in Jurkat cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 128-155 of human DDX17
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003723 RNA binding
- GO:0003724 RNA helicase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006396 RNA processing
- GO:0008026 ATP-dependent helicase activity
- GO:0008186 RNA-dependent ATPase activity
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of DDX17 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra