Goat anti DDB1 antibody recognizes human DNA damage-binding protein 1, also known as DDB p127 subunit, DNA damage-binding protein a, Damage-specific DNA-binding protein 1, HBV X-associated protein 1, UV-damaged DNA-binding protein 1, XPE-binding factor or Xeroderma pigmentosum group E-complementing protein. DDB1 is an 1140 amino acid ~ kDA cytoplasmic protein that translocated to the nucleus following UV irradiation and subsequently accumulates at the site of DNA damage wjere it forms part of the UV-DDB complex and is involved in the nucleotide-excision repair of DNA following damage caused by ultraviolet radiation.
Goat anti DDB1 antibody binds to an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of damage-specific DNA binding protein 1.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
||Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to DDB1 (CT) were raised by repeated immunisations of goats with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
|0.5%||Bovine Serum Albumin|
- Peptide sequence DLIKVVEELTRIH corresponding to the C-terminal region of DDB1 (NP_001914).
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5 mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
cell cycle checkpoint
protein ubiquitination involved in ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
nucleotide-excision repair, DNA damage removal
damaged DNA binding
Cul4A-RING ubiquitin ligase complex
Cul4B-RING ubiquitin ligase complex
proteasomal ubiquitin-dependent protein catabolic process
interspecies interaction between organisms
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of DDB1 antibody
Where this antibody has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. It is recommended that the user titrates the antibody for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls
- Western Blotting
- AHP632 detects a band of approximately 130kDa in HeLa, Jurkat and NSO (mouse) cell lysates.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Product Specific References
References for DDB1 antibody
Nichols, A.F. et al. (2000) Human damage-specific DNA-binding protein p48. Characterization of XPE mutations and regulation following UV irradiation.
J Biol Chem. 275 (28): 21422-8.
Dualan, R. et al. (1995) Chromosomal localization and cDNA cloning of the genes (DDB1 and DDB2) for the p127 and p48 subunits of a human damage-specific DNA binding protein.
Genomics. 29 (1): 62-9.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra