Rabbit anti Human DAXX antibody recognises human Death Domain-Associated Protein 6, a novel Fas binding protein that has been designated DAXX.
DAXX binds specifically to the death domain of Fas and enhances Fas induced apoptosis and activates the Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway.
DAXX is predominantly a nuclear protein, where it acts as a repressor of EtsI and Pax3 transactivation. When in association with ASK1 kinase DAXX translocates from the nucleus to the cytoplasm.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
|Target Species||Cross Reactivity|
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human DAXX was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 261-274 of human DAXX protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- This product is shipped at ambient temperature. It is recommended to aliquot and store at -20°C on receipt. When thawed, aliquot the sample as needed. Keep aliquots at 2-8°C for short term use (up to 4 weeks) and store the remaining aliquots at -20°C.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
chromosome, centromeric region
receptor signaling protein activity
activation of JUN kinase activity
transcription factor binding
induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
negative regulation of transcription
heat shock protein binding
androgen receptor signaling pathway
regulation of protein ubiquitination
ubiquitin protein ligase binding
protein homodimerization activity
interspecies interaction between organisms
negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
protein N-terminus binding
androgen receptor binding
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of DAXX antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra