DAXX binds specifically to the death domain of Fas and enhances Fas induced apoptosis and activates the Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) pathway.
DAXX is predominantly a nuclear protein, where it acts as a repressor of EtsI and Pax3 transactivation. When in association with ASK1 kinase DAXX translocates from the nucleus to the cytoplasm.
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to human DAXX was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acids 261-274 of human DAXX protein.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000775 chromosome, centromeric region
- GO:0002039 p53 binding
- GO:0006915 apoptosis
- GO:0005057 receptor signaling protein activity
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0007257 activation of JUN kinase activity
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0008625 induction of apoptosis via death domain receptors
- GO:0016481 negative regulation of transcription
- GO:0016605 PML body
- GO:0031072 heat shock protein binding
- GO:0030521 androgen receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0031396 regulation of protein ubiquitination
- GO:0031625 ubiquitin protein ligase binding
- GO:0042803 protein homodimerization activity
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045892 negative regulation of transcription, DNA-dependent
- GO:0047485 protein N-terminus binding
- GO:0050681 androgen receptor binding
- For research purposes only
Applications of DAXX antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):Biotin||STAR121B||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR121F||F||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR121P||E WB||1 mg|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR124P||C E WB||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:FITC||STAR34B||C F||1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:RPE||STAR35A||F||1 ml|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®488||STAR36D488GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:DyLight®680||STAR36D680GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|
|Sheep anti Rabbit IgG:Dylight®800||STAR36D800GA||F IF WB||0.1 mg|