Cytokeratin 8 antibody
The KRT8 gene is a member of the type II keratin family clustered on the long arm of chromosome 12. Type I and type II keratins heteropolymerize to form intermediate-sized filaments in the cytoplasm of epithelial cells. The product of KRT8, cytokeratin 8 typically dimerizes with cytokeratin 18 to form an intermediate filament in simple single-layered epithelial cells. This protein plays a role in maintaining cellular structural integrity and also functions in signal transduction and cellular differentiation. Mutations in KRT8 cause cryptogenic cirrhosis. Alternatively spliced transcript variants have been found for KRT8 (provided by RefSeq, Jan 2012).
Rabbit anti Human cytokeratin 8 antibody detects a band of 55 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cytokeratin 8 detects a band of approximately 55 kDa in MCF7 cell lysate
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the central region of human cytokeratin 8
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytokeratin 8 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra