Cytochrome B245 antibody
Cytochrome B245 is composed of cytochrome B alpha (CYBA) and beta (CYBB) chains. It has been proposed as a primary component of the microbicidal oxidase system of phagocytes. CYBB deficiency is one of five described biochemical defects associated with chronic granulomatous disease (CGD). In this disorder, there is decreased activity of phagocyte NADPH oxidase; neutrophils are able to phagocytize bacteria but cannot kill them in the phagocytic vacuoles. The cause of the killing defect is an inability to increase the cell's respiration and consequent failure to deliver activated oxygen into the phagocytic vacuole (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Goat anti Human cytochrome B245 antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cytochrome B245 detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in HeLa cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-SYLNFARKRIKNP, from the internal region of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0009055 electron carrier activity
- GO:0005244 voltage-gated ion channel activity
- GO:0022900 electron transport chain
- GO:0006954 inflammatory response
- GO:0016175 superoxide-generating NADPH oxidase activity
- GO:0020037 heme binding
- GO:0042554 superoxide anion generation
- GO:0043020 NADPH oxidase complex
- GO:0045087 innate immune response
- GO:0045730 respiratory burst
- GO:0046982 protein heterodimerization activity
- GO:0050660 flavin adenine dinucleotide binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cytochrome B245 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|