Rabbit anti Human CXCL5 antibody recognizes human CXCL5, otherwise known as ENA-78, (epithelial-derived neutrophil-activating protein 78), a CXC chemokine expressed by monocytes, mast cells, platelets, eosinophils and endothelial cells, which acts as a key modulator of the inflammatory response, but also exhibits angiogenic properties, including tumor progression.
CXCL5 signals through binding to CXC receptor 2 (CXCR2) and occurs naturally in three isoforms: ENA 5-78 (74 amino acids), ENA 9-78 (70 amino acids) and ENA 10-78 (69 amino acids).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended. NB: For functional studies do not add azide.
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CXCL5 were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human CXCL5.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
positive regulation of cell proliferation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CXCL5 antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections. Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available