Encoded by the CTBP1 gene, C-terminal-binding protein 1 binds to the C-terminus of adenovirus E1A proteins. This phosphoprotein is a transcriptional repressor and may play a role during cellular proliferation. C-terminal-binding protein 1 and the product of a second closely related gene, CTBP2, can dimerize. Both proteins can also interact with a polycomb group protein complex which participates in regulation of gene expression during development. Alternative splicing of transcripts from CTBP1 results in multiple transcript variants (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human CTBP1 antibody detects a band of 47 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CTBP1 detects a band of approximately 47 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 413-440 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human CTBP1
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0055114 oxidation-reduction process
- GO:0006468 protein phosphorylation
- GO:0008022 protein C-terminus binding
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0019079 viral genome replication
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0016564 transcription repressor activity
- GO:0016616 oxidoreductase activity, acting on the CH-OH group of donors, NAD or NADP as acceptor
- GO:0017053 transcriptional repressor complex
- GO:0019904 protein domain specific binding
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0050872 white fat cell differentiation
- GO:0051287 NAD binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CTBP1 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra