Goat anti CRTC2
CETC2 antibody recognizes CREB-regulated transcription coactivator 2, also known as transducer of regulated cAMP response element-binding protein 2, TORC-2 or transducer of CREB protein 2. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
CRTC2 is a member of the transducers of regulated cAMP response element-binding protein activity family of transcription coactivators. These proteins promote the transcription of genes targeted by the cAMP response element-binding protein, and therefore play an important role in many cellular processes. Under basal conditions CRTC2 is phosphorylated by AMP-activated protein kinase or the salt-inducible kinases and is sequestered in the cytoplasm. Upon activation by elevated cAMP or calcium, CRTC2 translocates to the nucleus and increases target gene expression. Single nucleotide polymorphisms in the CRTC2 gene may increase the risk of type 2 diabetes. A pseudogene of CRTC2 is located on the long arm of chromosome 5 (provided by RefSeq, Dec 2010).
Goat anti Human CRTC2 antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CRTC2 detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in MCF7 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence C-DPAVEDSFRSDRLQ, from the C Terminus of the protein sequence
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q53ET0 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CRTC2 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045449 regulation of transcription
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CRTC2 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||1 ml||C E P WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.