CREB Binding Protein antibody
CREB binding protein is ubiquitously expressed and is involved in the transcriptional co-activation of many different transcription factors. First isolated as a nuclear protein that binds to cAMP-response element binding protein (CREB), CREB binding protein is now known to play critical roles in embryonic development, growth control, and homeostasis by coupling chromatin remodeling to transcription factor recognition. The protein encoded by the CREB binding protein gene has intrinsic histone acetyltransferase activity and also acts as a scaffold to stabilize additional protein interactions with the transcription complex. This protein acetylates both histone and non-histone proteins. This protein shares regions of very high sequence similarity with protein p300 in its bromodomain, cysteine-histidine-rich regions, and histone acetyltransferase domain. Mutations in the CREB binding protein gene cause Rubinstein-Taybi syndrome (RTS). Chromosomal translocations involving the CREB binding protein gene have been associated with acute myeloid leukemia. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Feb 2009).
Rabbit anti Human CREB binding protein antibody detects a band of 300 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CREB binding protein detects a band of approximately 300 kDa in HEK293 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal region of human CREB binding protein
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- Q92793 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CREBBP Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0001666 response to hypoxia
- GO:0002039 p53 binding
- GO:0003700 sequence-specific DNA binding transcription factor activity
- GO:0003713 transcription coactivator activity
- GO:0004402 histone acetyltransferase activity
- GO:0004871 signal transducer activity
- GO:0005737 cytoplasm
- GO:0006461 protein complex assembly
- GO:0008270 zinc ion binding
- GO:0016573 histone acetylation
- GO:0016604 nuclear body
- GO:0018076 N-terminal peptidyl-lysine acetylation
- GO:0042592 homeostatic process
- GO:0044255 cellular lipid metabolic process
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0051577 MyoD binding
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of CREB Binding Protein antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.