Dystroglycan is a laminin binding component of the dystrophin-glycoprotein complex which provides a linkage between the subsarcolemmal cytoskeleton and the extracellular matrix. DAG1 is a candidate gene for the site of the mutation in autosomal recessive muscular dystrophies. The dramatic reduction of dystroglycan in Duchenne muscular dystrophy leads to a loss of linkage between the sarcolemma and extracellular matrix, rendering muscle fibers more susceptible to necrosis. Dystroglycan also functions as dual receptor for agrin and laminin-2 in the Schwann cell membrane. The muscle and nonmuscle isoforms of dystroglycan differ by carbohydrate moieties but not protein sequence. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants all encoding the same protein (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2010).
Rabbit anti Human cranin antibody detects a band of 76 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cranin detects a band of approximately 76 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide between 718-747 amino acids from the C-terminal region of human cranin / dystroglycan
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000299 integral to membrane of membrane fraction
- GO:0005509 calcium ion binding
- GO:0003779 actin binding
- GO:0016021 integral to membrane
- GO:0005604 basement membrane
- GO:0005615 extracellular space
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0007016 cytoskeletal anchoring at plasma membrane
- GO:0008307 structural constituent of muscle
- GO:0015631 tubulin binding
- GO:0017166 vinculin binding
- GO:0030027 lamellipodium
- GO:0030175 filopodium
- GO:0030336 negative regulation of cell migration
- GO:0034453 microtubule anchoring
- GO:0043237 laminin-1 binding
- GO:0043409 negative regulation of MAPKKK cascade
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0051393 alpha-actinin binding
- GO:0051898 negative regulation of protein kinase B signaling cascade
- GO:0070938 contractile ring
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cranin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra