Filter by Application:WB Reset
|Goat anti Human cortactin antibody recognizes the Src substrate cortactin, also known as amplaxin or oncogene EMS1.
The CTTN gene is overexpressed in breast cancer and squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck (Patel et al. 1996). The encoded protein is localized in the cytoplasm and in areas of the cell-substratum contacts. CTTN has two roles: (1) regulating the interactions between components of adherens-type junctions and (2) organizing the cytoskeleton and cell adhesion structures of epithelia and carcinoma cells. During apoptosis, the encoded protein is degraded in a caspase-dependent manner. The aberrant regulation of CTTN contributes to tumor cell invasion and metastasis (Chuma et al. 2004). Three splice variants that encode different isoforms have been identified for CTTN (provided by RefSeq, May 2010).
Goat anti Human cortactin antibody detects a band of 80 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cortactin detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in NIH/3T3 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin.
- Peptide sequence WKASAGHAVSIA-C
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch.
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up