|Rabbit anti Human cortactin antibody recognizes the Src substrate cortactin, also known as amplaxin, ems1 sequence (mammary tumor and squamous cell carcinoma-associated (p80/85 src substrate) or oncogene EMS1.
CTTN is overexpressed in breast cancer and squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck (Patel et al. 1996). Cortactin is localized in the cytoplasm and in areas of the cell-substratum contacts. CTTN has two roles: (1) regulating the interactions between components of adherens-type junctions and (2) organizing the cytoskeleton and cell adhesion structures of epithelia and carcinoma cells. During apoptosis, the encoded protein is degraded in a caspase dependent manner. The aberrant regulation of CTTN contributes to tumor cell invasion and metastasis (Li et al. 2001). Three splice variants that encode different isoforms have been identified for CTTN (provided by RefSeq, May 2010).
Rabbit anti Human cortactin antibody detects a band of 80 kDa and has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cortactin detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in A431 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 273-302 of human cortactin
- For research purposes only.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Always be the first to know.
When we launch new products and resources to help you achieve more in the lab.Yes, sign me up