Rabbit anti Cortactin
Rabbit anti-human cortactin antibody recognizes Src substrate cortactin, also known as amplaxin or oncogene EMS1. This antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
CTTN is overexpressed in breast cancer and squamous cell carcinomas of the head and neck (Patel et al. 1996). Cortactin is localized in the cytoplasm and in areas of the cell-substratum contacts. CTTN has two roles: (1) regulating the interactions between components of adherens-type junctions and (2) organizing the cytoskeleton and cell adhesion structures of epithelia and carcinoma cells. During apoptosis, the encoded protein is degraded in a caspase dependent manner. The aberrant regulation of CTTN contributes to tumor cell invasion and metastasis (Li et al. 2001). Three splice variants that encode different isoforms have been identified for CTTN (provided by RefSeq, May 2010).
Rabbit anti Human cortactin antibody detects a band of 80 kDa and has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti cortactin detects a band of approximately 80 kDa in A431 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3).
- KLH conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to amino acid 273-302 of human cortactin
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol.
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch.
- Q14247 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CTTN Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001726 ruffle
- GO:0005625 soluble fraction
- GO:0005856 cytoskeleton
- GO:0005938 cell cortex
- GO:0030027 lamellipodium
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only.
Applications of Cortactin antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.