Collagen III antibody
Collagens are highly conserved across species and are vital in the formation of connective tissues. Collagen III is found in most soft connective tissues along with Collagen I.
Defects in collagen III are associated with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type 3 and type 4 and with abdominal aortic aneurysm (Treska et al. 2000).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals Expected from Sequence
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Collagen III were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- 0.02M Potassium Phosphate, 0.15M NaCl
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human collagen III.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0 mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Collagen III antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
|Western Blotting 2||1/5000||1/10000|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- 2This product is suitable for use in Western Blotting under non-reducing conditions.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|100x Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||P||50 ml|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra