Collagen III antibody
Collagens are highly conserved across species and are vital in the formation of connective tissues. Collagen III is found in most soft connective tissues along with Collagen I.
Defects in collagen III are associated with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type 3 and type 4 and with abdominal aortic aneurysm (Treska et al. 2000).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mammals
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human Collagen III were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- pH8.0, 0.125M Sodium Borate, 0.075M Sodium Chloride, 0.005M EDTA
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human collagen III.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
Applications of Collagen III antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
|Western Blotting 2||1/5000||1/10000|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- 2This product is suitable for use in Western Blotting under non-reducing conditions.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human kidney