Rabbit anti Human collagen II antibody recognizes human Collagen type II, an extracellular matrix protein found mainly in cartilaginous tissue. The antibody reacts with both native and heat denatured forms and shows minimal cross reactivity with Collagen type I, III, IV and V, as demonstrated by competitive ELISA.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.5ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide and 1% BSA is recommended.
- Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on immobilized human Collagen type II
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate/Borate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 1% Dextran
- Human Collagen type II from cartilage.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.1 mg/ml after reconstitution
- Prior to reconstitution store at +4oC.
After reconstitution store at -20oC.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody.
- 12 months from date of reconstitution.
- Entrez Gene
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Collagen II antibody
|Immunohistology - Frozen
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using the appropriate negative/positive controls.
Copyright © 2019 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available