Rabbit anti Human CTNF antibody
recognizes human CNTF (ciliary neurotrophic factor), a 200 amino acid homodimeric neurotrophic and differentiation factor of the CNTF family, which supports the survival and differentiation of several motor neuron types within the nervous system, but also affects other target tissues, including skeletal muscle (Vergara & Ramirez 2005
), glial cells, hepatocytes and embryonic stem cells.
CNTF mainly signals through binding to a receptor complex consisting of a CNTFRa subunit, two beta components, gp130 and LIFR, resulting ultimately in the activation of JAK/STAT signalling pathway, but CNTF has also been shown to bind to the receptor for interleukin-6 (IL-6R).
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - lyophilised
- Reconstitute with 0.1ml distilled water
Care should be taken during reconstitution as the protein may appear as a film at the bottom of the vial. Bio-Rad recommend that the vial is gently mixed after reconstitution. For long term storage the addition of 0.09% sodium azide is recommended.
N.B. For functional studies do not add sodium azide
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to human CNTF were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- None present
- Carrier Free
- Recombinant human CNTF (PHP173)
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Prior to reconstitution store at -20°C.
After reconstitution store at -20°C.
This product should be stored undiluted. Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Guaranteed for 3 months from the date of reconstitution or until the date of expiry, whichever comes first. Please see label for expiry date.
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
ciliary neurotrophic factor receptor binding
interleukin-6 receptor binding
growth factor activity
positive regulation of tyrosine phosphorylation of Stat3 protein
ciliary neurotrophic factor-mediated signaling pathway
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CNTF antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- This purified human CNTF antibody may be used in an indirect ELISA with recombinant human CNTF (PHP173) as the standard.
- Western Blotting
- This purified human CNTF antibody may be used in Western Blotting applications under either reducing or non-reducing conditions with recombinant human CNTF (PHP173) as the positive control.
Copyright © 2021 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available
Product Specific References
Vergara, C. & Ramirez, B. (2004) CNTF, a pleiotropic cytokine: emphasis on its myotrophic role.
Brain Res Rev. 47 (1-3): 161-73.
How to Use the Spectraviewer
Watch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra