Clathrin Light Chain A/B antibody
Clathrin is a large, soluble protein composed of heavy and light chains. It functions as the main structural component of the lattice-type cytoplasmic face of coated pits and vesicles which entrap specific macromolecules during receptor-mediated endocytosis. CTLA encodes one of two clathrin light chain proteins which are believed to function as regulatory elements, CTLB encodes the other. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants. Related pseudogenes have been identified on chromosomes 8 and 12 (provided by RefSeq, May 2010).
Goat anti Human clathrin light chain A/B detects a band of 27 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti clathrin light chain A/B detects a band of approximately 27 kDa in HepG2 cell lysates.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Goat polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5 % BSA
- Peptide with the sequence CDFNPKSSKQAKD, from the internal region of the protein sequence.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0005198 structural molecule activity
- GO:0006886 intracellular protein transport
- GO:0006892 post-Golgi vesicle-mediated transport
- GO:0007173 epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0007411 axon guidance
- GO:0030130 clathrin coat of trans-Golgi network vesicle
- GO:0030132 clathrin coat of coated pit
- GO:0042059 negative regulation of epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0048011 nerve growth factor receptor signaling pathway
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0016192 vesicle-mediated transport
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Clathrin Light Chain A/B antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Donkey anti Sheep/Goat IgG:HRP||STAR88P||C E P WB||1 ml|