Chromogranin A antibody
Rabbit anti Chromogranin A
Chromogranin A antibody recognizes chromogranin A, also known as SP-I, betagranin, catestatin, CHGA, or chromofungin.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by CHGA is a member of the chromogranin/secretogranin family of neuroendocrine secretory proteins. It is found in secretory vesicles of neurons and endocrine cells. CHGA product is a precursor to three biologically active peptides; vasostatin, pancreastatin, and parastatin. These peptides act as autocrine or paracrine negative modulators of the neuroendocrine system. Other peptides, including chromostatin, beta-granin, WE-14 and GE-25, are also derived from the full-length protein. However, biological activities for these molecules have not been shown (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human chromogranin A antibody detects a band of 86 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti chromogranin A antibody recognizes a band of approximately 86 kDa in SH-SY5Y cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on immunogen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant protein of human chromogranin A
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P10645 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CHGA Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0005576 extracellular region
- GO:0008217 regulation of blood pressure
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Chromogranin A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.