The protein encoded by the CHRNA5 gene is a nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunit and a member of a superfamily of ligand-gated ion channels that mediate fast signal transmission at synapses. These receptors are thought to be heteropentamers composed of separate but similar subunits. Defects in CHRNA5 have been linked to susceptibility to lung cancer type 2 (LNCR2) (provided by RefSeq, Jun 2010).
Rabbit anti Human CHRNA5 antibody detects a band of 53 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CHRNA5 detects a band of approximately 53 kDa in A431 cell lysates.
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid.
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline.
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the middle region of human CHRNA5
- Store undiluted at -20°C, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0004889 nicotinic acetylcholine-activated cation-selective channel activity
- GO:0005892 nicotinic acetylcholine-gated receptor-channel complex
- GO:0015464 acetylcholine receptor activity
- GO:0030054 cell junction
- GO:0035095 behavioral response to nicotine
- GO:0045211 postsynaptic membrane
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only.
Applications of CHRNA5 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|