Rabbit anti chondroitin sulphate proteoglycan NG2 antibody
recognizes chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan NG2 also known as chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan 4 (CSPG4) and melanoma chondroitin sulfate proteoglycan. It was first characterized in rat as a high-molecular-weight type 1 membrane proteoglycan (Stallcup 1981
). CSPG4 is involved in cell attachment and migration (Karram et al. 2005
). It regulates spreading of melanoma cells by recruiting and activating a signalling cascade through CDC42, ACK1 and p130cas (Eisenmann et al. 1999
). It enhances FAK and ERK activation (Yang et al. 2004
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antiserum to chondroitin sulphate proteoglycan NG2 was raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide
- Recombinant fusion protein containing a sequence corresponding to amino acids 1950-2210 of human chondroitin sulphate proteoglycan NG2
- Store at -20oC
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
signal transducer activity
intracellular signal transduction
integral to plasma membrane
apical plasma membrane
protein kinase binding
positive regulation of peptidyl-tyrosine phosphorylation
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of Chondroitin Sulphate Proteoglycan NG2 antibody
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti chondroitin sulphate proteoglycan NG2 antibody detects a band of approximately 320 kDa in HeLa and A375 cell lysates under reducing conditions
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available