CERK converts ceramide to ceramide 1-phosphate (C1P), a sphingolipid metabolite. Both CERK and C1P have been implicated in various cellular processes, including proliferation, apoptosis, phagocytosis, and inflammation (Kim et al. 2006).
Rabbit anti Human CERK antibody detects a band of 60 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CERK detects a band of approximately 60 kDa in HepG2 cell lysate
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Ig fraction - liquid
- Rabbit Ig fraction prepared by ammonium sulphate precipitation
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- KLH-conjugated synthetic peptide corresponding to aa 487-516 of human CERK
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0000287 magnesium ion binding
- GO:0000299 integral to membrane of membrane fraction
- GO:0001729 ceramide kinase activity
- GO:0016020 membrane
- GO:0004143 diacylglycerol kinase activity
- GO:0005524 ATP binding
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006672 ceramide metabolic process
- GO:0007205 activation of protein kinase C activity by G-protein coupled receptor protein signaling pathway
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories.
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cerk antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|
How to Use the Spectraviewer?
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra