The protein encoded by the CEBPA intronless gene is a bZIP transcription factor which can bind as a homodimer to certain promoters and enhancers. It can also form heterodimers with the related proteins CEBP-beta and CEBP-gamma. The encoded protein has been shown to bind to the promoter and modulate the expression of the gene encoding leptin, a protein that plays an important role in body weight homeostasis. Also, the encoded protein can interact with CDK2 and CDK4, thereby inhibiting these kinases and causing growth arrest in cultured cells (provided by RefSeq, Jul 2008).
Rabbit anti Human CEBPA antibody detects a band of 42 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Rabbit anti CEBPA detects a band of approximately 42 kDa in THP-1 cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered glycine
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.01% Thiomersal
- Carrier-protein conjugated synthetic peptide encompassing part of the N-terminal region of human CEBPA
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0003705 sequence-specific enhancer binding RNA polymerase II transcription factor activity
- GO:0006091 generation of precursor metabolites and energy
- GO:0008134 transcription factor binding
- GO:0010843 promoter binding
- GO:0019221 cytokine-mediated signaling pathway
- GO:0044419 interspecies interaction between organisms
- GO:0045945 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase III promoter
- PrecisionAb is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of Cebpa antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
The PrecisionAb label is reserved for antibodies that meet the defined performance criteria within Bio-Rad's ongoing antibody validation programme. Click here to learn how we validate our PrecisionAb range. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependent on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||WB||2 ml|