Goat anti Human CDKN2A antibody detects an epitope within the C-terminal (CT) region of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor 2A (CDKN2A). CDKN2A is a ~16 kDa protein belonging to the CDKN2 cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor family. It acts as a negative regulator of cell proliferation by interacting strongly with CDK4 and CDK6, thus inhibiting their ability to interact with cyclin D and to phosphorylate the retinoblastoma protein. CDKN2A is an important tumour suppressor and defects in its production results in tumour formation in a wide range of tissues, including cutaneous malignant melanoma and Li-Fraumeni syndrome.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CDKN2A (isoform 1) were raised by repeated immunisations of goat with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- TRIS buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3) 0.5% Bovine Serum Albumin
- Peptide with sequence C-HARIDAAEGPSDIPD from C-terminal of CDKN2A.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 0.5mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted.
Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- Shelf Life
- 18 months from date of despatch.
- Q8N726 Related reagents
- P42771 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CDKN2A Related reagents
- CDKN2A Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0000075 cell cycle checkpoint
- GO:0000080 G1 phase of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0000082 G1/S transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0001953 negative regulation of cell-matrix adhesion
- GO:0005829 cytosol
- GO:0004861 cyclin-dependent protein kinase inhibitor activity
- GO:0005634 nucleus
- GO:0006917 induction of apoptosis
- GO:0007050 cell cycle arrest
- GO:0007265 Ras protein signal transduction
- GO:0008285 negative regulation of cell proliferation
- GO:0019901 protein kinase binding
- GO:0030308 negative regulation of cell growth
- GO:0032088 negative regulation of NF-kappaB transcription factor activity
- GO:0034393 positive regulation of smooth muscle cell apoptosis
- GO:0045736 negative regulation of cyclin-dependent protein kinase activity
- GO:0051059 NF-kappaB binding
- GO:0090399 replicative senescence
- GO:2000111 positive regulation of macrophage apoptosis
- GO:0000209 protein polyubiquitination
- GO:0002039 p53 binding
- GO:0003677 DNA binding
- GO:0005654 nucleoplasm
- GO:0005730 nucleolus
- GO:0006309 DNA fragmentation involved in apoptotic nuclear change
- GO:0006350 transcription
- GO:0006364 rRNA processing
- GO:0006469 negative regulation of protein kinase activity
- GO:0006919 activation of caspase activity
- GO:0008637 apoptotic mitochondrial changes
- GO:0010389 regulation of G2/M transition of mitotic cell cycle
- GO:0016563 transcription activator activity
- GO:0050821 protein stabilization
- GO:0030889 negative regulation of B cell proliferation
- GO:0031648 protein destabilization
- GO:0033088 negative regulation of immature T cell proliferation in thymus
- GO:0043234 protein complex
- GO:0043517 positive regulation of DNA damage response, signal transduction by p53 class mediator
- GO:0045944 positive regulation of transcription from RNA polymerase II promoter
- GO:0046825 regulation of protein export from nucleus
- GO:0048103 somatic stem cell division
- GO:0051444 negative regulation of ubiquitin-protein ligase activity
- GO:0055105 ubiquitin-protein ligase inhibitor activity
- GO:0070215 MDM2 binding
- GO:0070534 protein K63-linked ubiquitination
- GO:0071158 positive regulation of cell cycle arrest
- GO:0090398 cellular senescence
- For research purposes only
Applications of CDKN2A antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Western Blotting
- AHP1060 detects a band of approximately 16-18kDa in A431 and Hela cell lysates.
Copyright © 2018 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):FITC||STAR122F||1 mg||F|
|Rabbit anti Goat IgG (Fc):HRP||STAR122P||1 mg||C E WB|
Product Specific References
References for CDKN2A antibody
Ruas, M. & Peters, G. (1998) The p16INK4a/CDKN2A tumor suppressor and its relatives.
Biochim Biophys Acta. 1378 (2): F115-77.
Piepkorn, M. (2000) Melanoma genetics: an update with focus on the CDKN2A(p16)/ARF tumor suppressors.
J Am Acad Dermatol. 42 (5 Pt 1): 705-22; quiz 723-6.