Rabbit anti Human CD98 light chain antibody detects an epitope within the N-terminal (NT) region of the CD98 light chain (CD98LC), also known as the 4F2 light chain, or LAT-1. CD98LC is a ~40 kDa multi-pass membrane glycoprotein which forms a heterodimer with the CD98 heavy chain to allow transport of large branched chain, neutral amino acids into the cell. This transport system leads to the uptake of seven amino acids, including isoleucine, phenylalanine, and methionine.
The expression levels of CD98LC are upregulated in a wide spectrum of primary human cancers. Changes in amino acid transporter expression are thought to be an early change in oncogenesis, as they impart growth and survival advantages.
- Target Species
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to CD98 light chain were raised by repeated immunisations of rabbit with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- Synthetic peptide corresponding to the N-terminal region of CD98 light chain
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
integral to membrane
peptide antigen binding
cellular amino acid metabolic process
nervous system development
neutral amino acid transmembrane transporter activity
apical plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
This product has been reported to work in the following applications. This information is derived from testing within our laboratories, peer-reviewed publications or personal communications from the originators. Please refer to references indicated for further information. For general protocol recommendations, please visit the antibody protocols page.
Applications of CD98 Light Chain antibody
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Suggested working dilutions are given as a guide only. It is recommended that the user titrates the product for use in their own system using appropriate negative/positive controls.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1139 detects a band of approximately 50-55kDa in human liver cell lysates.
Copyright © 2020 Bio-Rad Antibodies (formerly AbD Serotec)
Secondary Antibodies Available
Useful Reagents Available