CD82 acts as a cancer metastasis suppressor protein (Feng et al.2015), while ubiquitously expressed at moderate to high levels in many normal tissues, its expression is down regulated during tumour progression. Loss of CD82 and p53 is correlated with poor prognosis for patients with prostate and other forms of cancer (Liu et al. 2006).
CD82 interacts with CD234 (DARC). Tumour cells dislodged from the primary tumour and expressing CD82 interact with CD234 expressed on vascular cells, transmitting a senescent signal to the tumour cells (Tsai et al 2011). Tumor cells that have lost CD82 expression can proliferate and potentially give rise to metastases (Miranti 2009).
Two isoforms of CD82 may be generated by alternative splicing. The c-terminal region is not affected and thus Rabbit anti Human CD82 antibody is expected to recognize both isoforms of human CD82 (UniProt: P27701).
- Target Species
- Species Cross-Reactivity
Target Species Cross Reactivity Mouse Rat
- N.B. Antibody reactivity and working conditions may vary between species.
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Antiserum Preparation
- Antisera to Human CD82 were raised by repeated immunisation of rabbits with highly purified antigen. Purified IgG prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.02% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- A peptide corresponding to a 15 amino acid sequence close to the carboxy terminus of Human CD82.
- Approx. Protein Concentrations
- IgG concentration 1.0mg/ml
- Store at +4oC or at -20oC if preferred.
Storage in frost-free freezers is not recommended.
This product should be stored undiluted. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing as this may denature the antibody. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
- 12 months from date of despatch
- Entrez Gene
- GO Terms
- GO:0005515 protein binding
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD82 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
|Immunohistology - Paraffin 1||2.5ug/ml|
- 1This product requires antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin sections.Sodium citrate buffer pH 6.0 is recommended for this purpose.
- Histology Positive Control Tissue
- Human colon tissue
- Western Blotting
- AHP1709 detects a band of approximately 33kDa in A549 cell lysate
Useful Reagents Available
|Description||Product Code||Applications||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
|Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025A||P||500 ml|
|100x Antigen Retrieval Buffer, pH8.0||BUF025C||P||50 ml|
|TidyBlot Western Blot Detection Reagent:HRP||STAR209P||WB*||0.5 ml|
|Histar Detection System||STAR3000A||C P||50 Tests|
Product Specific References
References for CD82 antibody
Zuidscherwoude, M. et al. (2015) The tetraspanin web revisited by super-resolution microscopy.
Sci Rep. 5: 12201.
Kauffman, E.C. et al. (2003) Metastasis suppression: the evolving role of metastasis suppressor genes for regulating cancer cell growth at the secondary site.
J Urol. 169 (3): 1122-33.
Dong, J.T. et al. (1995) KAI1, a metastasis suppressor gene for prostate cancer on human chromosome 11p11.2.
Science. 268 (5212): 884-6.
Gil, M.L. et al. (1992) A member of the tetra spans transmembrane protein superfamily is recognized by a monoclonal antibody raised against an HLA class I-deficient, lymphokine-activated killer-susceptible, B lymphocyte line. Cloning and preliminary functional studies.
J Immunol. 148 (9): 2826-33.
Gaugitsch, H.W. et al. (1991) A new superfamily of lymphoid and melanoma cell proteins with extensive homology to Schistosoma mansoni antigen Sm23.
Eur J Immunol. 21 (2): 377-83.
Fluorescent SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
How to Use the SpectraviewerWatch the Tool Tutorial Video ▸
- Start by selecting the application you are interested in, with the option to select an instrument from the drop down menu or create a customized instrument
- Select the fluorophores or fluorescent proteins you want to include in your panel to check compatibility
- Select the lasers and filters you wish to include
- Select combined or multi-laser view to visualize the spectra