Rabbit anti CD63
CD63 antibody recognizes CD63, also known as CD63 antigen, granulophysin, lysosome-associated membrane glycoprotein 3, melanoma-associated antigen ME491, melanoma-associated antigen MLA1, ocular melanoma-associated antigen, tetraspanin-30 or tspan-30.
- Product Type
- PrecisionAb™ Polyclonal
- Polyclonal IgG
|Product Code||Applications||Datasheet||MSDS||Pack Size||List Price||Quantity|
The protein encoded by CD63 is a member of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, also known as the tetraspanin family. Most of these members are cell-surface proteins that are characterized by the presence of four hydrophobic domains. The proteins mediate signal transduction events that play a role in the regulation of cell development, activation, growth and motility. The encoded protein is a cell surface glycoprotein that is known to complex with integrins. It may function as a blood platelet activation marker. Deficiency of this protein is associated with Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome. Also CD63 has been associated with tumor progression. Alternative splicing results in multiple transcript variants encoding different protein isoforms (provided by RefSeq, Apr 2012).
Rabbit anti Human CD63 antibody detects a band of 30-65 kDa. The antibody has been extensively validated for western blotting using whole cell lysates.
- Target Species
- Western Blotting
- Anti CD63 antibody recognizes bands of approximately 30-65 kDa in HeLa cell lysates
- Product Form
- Purified IgG - liquid
- Rabbit polyclonal antibody purified by affinity chromatography on immunogen
- Buffer Solution
- Phosphate buffered saline
- Preservative Stabilisers
- 0.09% Sodium Azide (NaN3)
- Synthetic peptide directed towards the C terminal region of human CD63
- Instructions For Use
- Please refer to the PrecisionAb western blotting protocol. For additional information on secondary antibody dilution and exposure time see product web page.
- Store undiluted at -20oC, avoiding repeated freeze thaw cycles
- As supplied, 12 months from date of despatch
- P08962 Related reagents
- Entrez Gene
- CD63 Related reagents
- GO Terms
- GO:0002576 platelet degranulation
- GO:0005887 integral to plasma membrane
- GO:0005765 lysosomal membrane
- GO:0030168 platelet activation
- GO:0031088 platelet dense granule membrane
- GO:0031902 late endosome membrane
- PrecisionAb™ is a trademark of Bio-Rad Laboratories
- For research purposes only
Applications of CD63 antibody
|Application Name||Verified||Min Dilution||Max Dilution|
PrecisionAb antibodies have been extensively validated for the western blot application. The antibody has been validated at the suggested dilution. Where this product has not been tested for use in a particular technique this does not necessarily exclude its use in such procedures. Further optimization may be required dependant on sample type.
Secondary Antibodies Available
|Description||Product Code||Pack Size||Applications||List Price||Quantity|
|Goat anti Rabbit IgG (H/L):HRP||STAR208P||2 ml||WB|
Western Blotting without Trial and Error: Use PrecisionAb™ Antibodies
Watch how PrecisionAb Validated Western Blotting Antibodies are defining a new standard of quality that you can trust to deliver superior results and reproducibility in western blotting.